Friday, September 12, 2008

Answered Prayer

Tomorrow!

Yes! Tomorrow is our 11th Wedding Anniversary!

11 years ago when two had become one, my prayer was answered so beautifully ever in my life :)

This morning I took pictures of our wedding pictures, blurry but great for looking back :)

Exchanging vows


Rendition of our wedding song
~ Answered Prayer ~


Philip & Lydia


To be exact, we have been in love for 21 years! 10 years of courtship and 11 years of life together as husband and wife, with 5 years of being parents to our beautiful girls, the 'fruits' of our love together... Wowwee, definately a 'Love-Long-Run' (爱情长跑), haha!

Still remember the wedding song we chose? Yes, it's "Answered Prayer" by Lisa Beville & Bob Carlisle.

Still remember how I was quite disappointed that the song does not have an accompaniment track? Yes, we need to make do with just the guitar.

Still remember how you surprise me when Desmond and Denise sang with the accompanied music track? Yes, George managed to get it oversea at the very last minute!

Still remember I was almost in tears half way through their singing? Yes, when I suddenly realised they are singing with an accompaniment tracks!

Yes! Yes! Yes! God made everything so beautiful, it was answered prayer upon answered prayers!

Hey look what I found here: An Interpretative Dance of our wedding song. I believe it was at a Filipino Wedding. The dancer so beautifully danced out the words of the song. I like especially these few lines:

It's times like these I thank the Lord for the life that we share... I like the way she looks up to the Lord :)

And every day I spend with you is another answered prayer... I like how she puts her hands together going up to Heaven.

When your heart touches mine... so so beautiful and touching!

You have shown me the power of what love can do ... powefully stunning!

I see glimpses of heaven with your simple 'I Love You' ... so so sweet!

Simply beautiful! You got to watch it!!



Here is the lyrics of the song:

At the end of a long day, can't close my eyes
Watching you as the sun sets as it slowly waves goodbye
It's times like these I thank the Lord for the life that we share
And every day I spend with you is another answered prayer

Answered prayer, when your heart touches mine
We've found a love only few ever find
Answered prayer, now that you're here
Our love grows richer year after year
And if life should end tomorrow, I'd leave a millionaire
'Cause in my heart, I'd take with me
A life of answered prayers

You have shown me the power of what love can do
I see glimpses of heaven with your simple 'I Love You'
And every time I think of you, it almost seems unfair
For a man like me to have so many answered prayers

Answered prayer, When your heart touches mine
We've found a love only few ever find
Answered prayer, now that you're here
Our love grows richer year after year, after year
And if life should end tomorrow, I'd leave a millionaire
'Cause in my heart, I'd take with me
A life of Answered Prayers

Answered Prayer



老公,能够嫁给你是我一生所想的。
感谢上帝应予了我的渴望。

Thank God for fulfilling my desire.
Philip, you are an answered prayer to me.
I love you, forever!

我爱你,永远爱你!



I just can't get enough of our Wedding Song! Here is another one sung by the chipmunk/chipette, Simon Seville & Jeanette Miller, it's a classic! Enjoy!! :)



Here is my post last year on our 10th WA.

Finally, our wedding verse:
Song of songs 8:7 "Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !