Thursday, June 25, 2009

Abba! Father!

Last Sunday was Father's Day. When I was in the church, the term "Abba, Father" was mentioned extensively throughout the worship.

During testimony, someone stood up to thank God for her earthly father, and at the same time she wished God - her Heavenly Father, a blessed Father's Day too. How sweet was that, I thought.

The senior Youth gave a Father's Day song special: 阿爸天父(Abba, Father). It was a lovely song and I was touched by it... 阿爸天父~ 阿爸天父~ 从我心深处呼求你名字~

My thought were brought back to when I just accepted Jesus as my Saviour. That was the time when the Almighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, became my Abba, Father! Awesome!

This word "Adoption" came to my mind when I was pondering on the awesome truth of being able to call God my Abba, Father. I was being adopted by God when I opened my heart to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so glad that out of the multitudes, God chose me and saved me and brought me into His wonderful light. Through faith in His Son - Jesus Christ, I have received the Spirit of adoption and become a child of God. And I can call Him: "Abba"! WOW!!

Romans 8:15-16
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Abba is an Aramaic word which means "daddy" or "papa". What Paul is saying is when we accept Jesus as our Savior we are adopted into God’s family. We become His children and He becomes our heavenly Father. The relationship is so deep and so personal that we can call him "daddy".

Some pics and clips from the special:

Daniel starting solo

The Senior Youth


Daniel played and sang so well~
(Hear Thaddea harmonizing in the background, haha!)


The group~


Hmmm... Thaddea didn't allow me to take a decent video of the presentation, so here's a clip of the whole song by SOP that I found in YouTube, enjoy!

The song that captivates my heart:



Thank You God that I can talk to You intimately, to have You as my Daddy, my Papa, One Who is merciful and loves me unconditionally.

Blessed Father's Day to my Heavenly Father ~ Abba
Thank You for loving me and taking care of my everything!

Blessed Father's Day to my earthly father ~ Dad
Thank you for loving me and taking care of my earthly needs!

Also...

Blessed Father's Day to my spiritual father ~ Pastor Joseph
Thank you for loving me and taking care of my spiritual needs!

Hey... I have 3 daddies! Yay!!

To all my friends: God can be your "Abba, Father" too~

No comments: