Monday, June 29, 2009

An Invitation to Sing

I received an invitation from Sarah Tan, who happened to be my sister and the one who led me to Christ, to sing a beautiful song!

Pastor has been asking around for people to give song presentation, he even invited a Jew who visited us twice, to give a song special! Let's hope that he won't be frightened off, haha!

Anyway, this beautiful song is entitled "祢爱永不变", which means "Your Love Changes Not".

And, WOW, I found a video clip on YouTube which was very nicely done. It uses scenes from "The Passion of Christ", which is a controversial movie full of violent and has a very strong Catholic background, which I am NOT for it, but I'm amazed at how it portrayed the sufferings of Christ. It rend my heart watching how my Saviour was willing to suffer for me in order to save me from hell.

Romans 5:6-8
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

羅馬書5:6-8
因我们还软弱的时候,基督就按所定的日期为罪人死。为义人死,是少有的;为仁人死、或者有敢做的。惟有基督在我们还作罪人的时候为我们死,神的爱就在此向我们显明了。




祢流出宝血, 洗净我污秽
将我的生命赎回
祢为了我的罪, 牺牲永不悔
显明你极大恩惠

我深深体会, 祢爱的宝贵
献上自己永追随
或伤心或气馁, 或生离或死别
愿刚强壮胆永远不后退

哦~
祢爱永不变, 从今直到永远
深深浇灌我心田
或天旋或地转, 经沧海历桑田
都不能叫我与祢爱隔绝


Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

羅馬書8:38-39
因为我深信无论是死,是生,是天使,是掌权的,是有能的,是现在的事,是将来的事,
是高处的,是低处的,是别的受造之物,都不能叫我们与神的爱隔绝;这爱是在我们的主基督耶稣里的。


Thank You God for Your Great Love for us. You loved us when we were still sinners, ugly, sinful and undeserved.

Thank You Jesus for Your Sacrificial Love for us. You took our sins upon Yourself and died on the cross for us!

Thank You Holy Spirit for opening my eyes and heart to see and receive the Love of God!


Update: This song was later suggested by my dear hubby to let Peter and Tong Hak sing instead... because they have known what is "经沧海历桑田" and will definitely present it well.

I agreed to even though I have kind of "fallen-in-love" with this song, haha! Sarah even thanked me for "releasing" this song to be sung by Peter and Tong Hak... Hey, she really didn't have to, 'cos I truly agree with what hubby said: With they younger son, Ezra, fighting against Leukaemia, they really have been through storms~

I'll certainly take a clip of their presentation, but it would be next year then. Almost all Sundays until the end of the year were taken up by song presentations from the Music Dept. to teach us new worship songs and also by some special one like yesterday's Communion Special by Daniel Lau(started solo on "阿爸天父") who sang "Above All". I will write an entry on that this week, stay tuned! :)

No comments: